RandD Tax Workshop 18th March
Date: 26th February 2015
R&D Tax Credit Workshop for Accountants
We will be running a free CPD workshop for accountancy firms at the Marriott Hotel, Portsmouth on Wednesday 18th March, 2015 from 11.30 to 14.30 including a hot buffet lunch. This workshop has been very successfully run over the past year, leading to new R&D tax relieve claims which generated tax savings for claimant companies and fees for our accountant partners.
The workshop will last between 1.5 hours and 2 hours, depending on questions, and the format will be interactive. The focus will be mainly on the SME (Small and Medium Enterprise) R&D tax relief/credit scheme. The aim is to help you and your colleagues to: -
R&D Tax Workshop Agenda
- Better identify where clients are performing R and D even when they do not recognise it themselves.
- Understand and clear up some of the myths and misconceptions which surround R and D Tax Credits.
- Delve into the reasons why many clients dramatically under claim and find out the latest HMRC practices on first time SME claims.
- Find out what triggers HMRC investigations and how best to avoid them.
- Understand why some clients and accountancy firms are afraid to make claims.
- Find out how both clients and their accountants can minimise the task of making successful claims.
- Identify the most common problems with gathering accurate costs and completing the CT600 and Tax Computation aspects of making claims.
- Find out how to have your clients’ claims dealt with in a fast and efficient manner by HMRC.
RandDTax is a fast growing consultancy that has handled in excess of 600 successful R&D Tax Credit claims since September 2012. Our founder Terry Toms sat on the Intellect (UK ICT industry trade body) committee on R&D Tax Credits while it existed, and has presented at a recent HMRC annual R&D Tax Credit Unit National Conference, and has run workshops for the HMRC R&D Units on behalf of Intellect.
The workshop will be presented by Linda Eziquiel, Principal Consultant, RandDTax and Richard Linsell, Consultant, RandDTax.
Linda has presented a number of workshops to practicing accountants and at conferences and events and between them Linda and Richard have handled well over 50 R&D claims, covering a wide range of industries and sectors.
RandDTax, as a consultancy, always works with the in-situ Tax Accountant and in partnership with them we are able to maximise our mutual clients’ R&D claims.
We look forward to welcoming you to this accountant-focussed seminar on Research and Development Tax Credits.